Working Parents Coaching
Becoming a parent shouldn’t be a barrier to success. Yet the stress of juggling parenting responsibilities with the demands of work takes a toll on many parents’ personal and professional lives.
Successfully managing individuals through this transition, engaging and retaining talent for the long term, is one of the greatest challenges organisations face. Our research reveals one in two women cites becoming a parent as the key pinch-point in her career progression.
Talking Talent transforms how organisations manage and support their employees who are going through the transition to parenthood.
Our programmes cover the four stages of parental transition: before the child’s arrival, preparing to return to work, after the return, and longer-term career sustainability.
Whether expecting or adopting, birth parent or otherwise, primary or non-primary carer; whether building up to going on parental leave, currently on leave, returning to work or having already returned; whether first-time parent or second-timer (or more), and whatever the family make-up, including same-sex parents and solo parents, our innovative Parental Transitions Coaching Programmes are designed to help new parents – and their managers – experience a smooth and successful journey into parenthood. We help them to work out the best ways to combine their professional responsibilities with their new personal commitments.
Impact and Benefit
The commercial impact of loss of talent is directly felt on the bottom line. The programmes we have run for our global, world-renowned clients have measurably saved them tens of millions of pounds, not to mention retaining key talent, increasing engagement levels, improving career momentum and fundamentally shifting workplace cultures.
With prospective employees increasingly mindful of which organisations will best support them during this critical time, an effective parental transitions support programme can also contribute strongly to becoming and remaining an employer brand of choice
Key benefits for organisations:
- Proven results in increasing retention rates of high calibre working parents
- Proven increase in performance of employees pre and post leave
- Demonstrable career progression in years one to five after returning to work
- Support to employees, managers and the organisation during the parental leave process
- Proven return on investment
Key benefits for parents:
- Feeling included, engaged, valued and supported in finding the right balance between family and work, which maximises performance
- Reduced stress through developing coping mechanisms for the transition back to work
- Increased rate in which working parents are able to add value on return to work leading to higher motivation, confidence, and commitment
- Effective management of the whole transition to minimise any business disruption
- Developing techniques for managing stakeholders internally
- Demonstrable career progression
Partnership with EY
A dedicated programme of maternity coaching for managers and employees. Delivering a 17.5% increase in retention and £16.6m in savings in year 1.
With a focus on flexibility for all employees, E&Y was keen to support female talent through the maternity transition. The E&Y/TalkingTalent partnership began in 2011. To date, over 2,500 of their employees have been referred to Talking Talent for coaching.