Non-Executive Director and Board Member
- Gary is an experienced CEO and front-line leader who is passionate about people and their performance at work. After a career leading, building, and acquiring companies, Gary who is experienced in both corporate transformation work and M&A, now has a career advising both public and private companies on that journey.
- Gary has extensive experience working at board level within PLCs. After joining Penna in 2002 he was appointed to the board as Chief Executive in 2005. Throughout 2009-2015 Gary initiated and led a series of acquisitions increasing the value4 fold to £80m and in 2016 sold the group to Adecco for £105m. Gary’s earlier career included 12 years with the WPP Group where, from 1997 to 2002, he was Group Managing Director of BDG McColl Ltd, a brand communications consultancy employing 200 people.
- Gary has run HR consultancy and recruitment businesses and personally consults on a wide range of talent management issues, with particular interest areas in engagement strategies, leadership development, HR due diligence, and organisational turnarounds.
- He coaches and mentors senior executives with a particular emphasis on improving performance and leadership competence, and has spoken frequently on a range of talent-related areas including inspirational leadership, engagement strategies, building brand value through employees, and internal communications.
- Gary is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, has sat on the Investors in People UK Human Capital Management standards group board, and qualified with KPMG having studied for his degree at Warwick University.
- He also serves as Non-Executive Director at CloudCall Plc, Lee Hecht Harrison Penna as well as Board Advisor to MyKindaFuture.